On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:41 AM, nameless <xsatelli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for tips.
> Now I want that when an user upload an image ( through forms ), then
> it will be saved in media.example.com.
> This is the point that I don't understand :-\

Does the computer running Django have access to a directory which is served
by the media.example.com webserver?  If it does, then just set MEDIA_ROOT to
point to that directory, and any file uploaded for a FileField will be saved
there.

Then configure the media.example.com webserver to serve files from that
directory and all will be well.

You'll end up with:

/a/directory/visible/to/www/and/media - contain the files (point MEDIA_ROOT
here)
www.example.com - Django runs here, will have URLs for any uploaded file
pointing to http://media.example.com/ (from MEDIA_URL)
media.example.com - Apache or whatever serving up files from the directory
above.

Obviously if both servers are on the same box then making a directory appear
in both places is easy.  If not, then you'll have to use some form of
network filesystem to get the files between the boxes.

Hope this helps,

Malcolm