@Taliesin
Remember we are all volunteers, here.
-wolf

sent from the research lab at http://networksecuritynews.net

On Jan 21, 2010 3:35 AM, "taliesin" <talie...@tarddell.net> wrote:

taliesin wrote: > > HI. I have a newbie-ish question, if that's alright. I
don't know how to model a...
Okay, clearly no-one wants to touch my question. : / Let me ask a different
related one then... What would happen if I added a constraint directly to
the underlying database? I'm using PostgreSQL so I can create foreign keys
on composite columns if I wish. WIll Django explode?  I know that it
produces the situation where I might get exceptions raised if Django tried
to add an entry that its model predicted was valid but the database
rejected, but if I'm going to have to handle this situation by excluding
invalid options in the GUI anyway, I see no harm in barring those same
entries at the database level just for integrity's sake. Anyone see a
problem with that?

If I need to go into more detail on my posts, please let me know.

Thanks,

Taliesin.