On 23/01/2010 11:12am, Patrick wrote:
Hello All,

I'm sorry for being a newbe and posting this site, but I'm desperate.
I inherited a django site and  when posts are added through the admin
page they render like this:

http://website/posts/category/2010/1/11/post_information/

but the link will only work if you add the leading zero to make it
look like this:

In the view called, extract the value which might need the leading zero (day and/or month) and give it one like this ...

def leadzero(val):
    """converts any val to a string"""
    mth = '00%s' % val
    # return the last 2 chars
    return mth[-2:]

http://website/posts/category/2010/01/11/post_information/

Would any of you be kind enough to point me in the right direction to
resolve this?

thank you in advance,

patrick