hi
i'm new with python and django and i work on search page of my site.
in my html search form, user can choose table(or field) which want to
search. in server-side i use sequences of 'if' to find chosen table(or
field) and related django model.
#here i assume searched fields have the same name('title')
q = requst.GET['query']
tbl = requst.GET['table']
if tbl == 'Book':
    result = Book.objects.filter(title__icontains=q)
if tbl == 'Author':
    result = Author.objects.filter(title__icontains=q)
now is there any way to reduce or eliminate 'if' sequences?
i test this and it works:
tbl = eval(requst.GET['table'])
but i'm not sure that is best way?
thanks