Hi all,

I'm subclassing ImageField to add another function/property to the
standard one (probably will add more later):

from django.db import models
class RemoteImageField(models.ImageField):
        def thumbnail_url(self, name):
                self.storage.thumbnail_url(name)

...and then I do:

class UserProfile(models.Model):
        profile_photo = RemoteImageField(upload_to='profile_pictures',
blank=True, storage=pwcs())

Now, if I check the type of profile_photo in UserProfile class it
shows up as RemoteImageField. However, if I do the same thing in the
view.py function (getting the profile via user.get_profile()), it is
of ImageField type.
Any ideas why this is happening and what can be done?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Igor