On 01/27/2010 05:55 PM, Achim Domma wrote:
Hi,

I'm interested in buying the "Pro Django" book. I could not find any
hint about what version it's written for. As it covers mostly
internals and the ideas behind Django, it should not be outdated as
quickly as other books. Has anybody read that book and can give some
feedback about how useful it is for the current version of Django?

Written for 1.0, at least the version I bought 2 weeks ago :-)

I haven't read it in full yet, but I've got the same impression as you have: it won't be outdated so quickly.

For me, the core value is that the book explains all the various django details (forms, templates, views, models) in depth and explains how they really work (so: with background information) and how they're supposed to be used.

Reading it is giving me a good clue on what is possible with django. If I later need to apply it, I can look it up again in the book or, perhaps more likely, I can google for it in the django documentation.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - rein...@vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Programmer/advisor at http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl