On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@au-kbc.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 Feb 2010 4:04:15 pm Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
>> on upgrading to the latest svn I am getting a sporadic error like this:
>> TypeError: argument 1 must be str, not unicode. On runserver, the full
>> traceback is this:
>>

> I went back to 12300 - same problem, but 12200 is ok.

Kenneth - we need two things:

 * A *specific* revision that breaks things. You only need to do 8
checks to find a specific revision between 12300 and 12200 if you do a
bisection search.

 * The input that is causing things to break. "Sporadic error" and a
stack trace doesn't really help us identify a problem. The problem
isn't sporadic for the case that is causing it to fail. We just don't
know what that case is.

The test suite isn't currently showing any failures, so obviously
we're allowing unicode to be passed to a cursor where previously it
was prevented. We need to know exactly what you are doing to cause
this problem to occur.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)