Hi Thomasz Zielinski,

On Jan 20, 6:38 pm, Tomasz Zieliński
<tomasz.zielin...@pyconsultant.eu> wrote:
> On 20 Sty, 20:52, HWM-Rocker <olafgla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > o...@olaf-laptop:~/workspace/truemen$ ./manage.py shell
>
> Not touching you question, you could try shell_plus from django-
> extensions,
> it load all models on startup, saving you a lot of typing.
> Moreover you could try ipython (which is used by shell/shell_plus if
> only is available).

thx I'll give it a try.

I found the problem, it was a bit tricky but well.

I had to call pycrust after I set the environment variables from /home/
olaf/workspace to be able to load my modules just like in the Django
python files. after I imported my settings :

when I imported the modules it loaded the settings and it assumed that
the dbfile would lay in the current working directory. Since I copied
the dbfile several months ago I already forgot it. And all the test
run quite well. But after I changed the db, the copied file didn't
change. So I deleted it and updated my script to get a new copy every
time i want a new test shell.

I know this way isn't very nice, but it works ;)

pycrust has some advantages over ipython. it is a graphical shell, so
you can see the docstring of functions like popups, or in a seperated
part of the window. It has nice cope and paste features, one with the
>>> and one that ignores them.

But thank you very much for your time !!!