Hello,

I'm trying to store Django data on MS SQL Server 2005 using:

http://code.google.com/p/django-pyodbc/ (pyodbc + FreeTDS)

As long as I'm storing string consist of ASCII characters everything
is ok. When I'm using unicode (ex. '\xc5\x82'), django throws
ProgrammingError on:

ProgrammingError at /admin/cli/punktrejestracji/add/
('42000', '[42000] [FreeTDS][SQL Server]The incoming tabular data
stream (TDS) protocol stream is incorrect. The stream ended
unexpectedly. (4002) (SQLExecDirectW)')

last element of trace is:

params  ('\xc5\x82',)
self    <django.db.backends.sql_server.pyodbc.base.CursorWrapper
object at 0x92ef8ec>
sql 'SELECT (1) AS [a] FROM [cli_punktrejestracji] WHERE
[cli_punktrejestracji].[adres] = ? '

BTW http://code.google.com/p/django-mssql/ doesn't seems to work under
Linux, django-mssql needs pythoncom library. Am I right?

--
Filip Gruszczyński