I have a model called 'Ticket' with several fields 'number',
'milestone', 'status', 'resolution', 'estimate', 'last_updated'

These are just multiple entries for the same support ticket that I'm
pulling from another system.  I keep multiple entries of a ticket so I
can trac changes in estimation and so forth over time.

functionally though what I'll want to do most often is bring by the
more recent ticket (by last_updated) of each unique 'number'

In SQL I'd normally do this by a sort and a group by but I can't seem
to figure out how to do it in Django effectively.

Has anyone done anything like this previously?