I have a question about debugging django server side code in the case
where the request is an ajax request.  For example I have an
autocomplete widget.  It makes a request to a particular url that
takes me to one of my views.py functions, get_users(request).  If I
have some sort of error in that function, I don't see the error
anywhere and it just silently fails.  If I explicitly put that url
into the address bar then the error comes up in my browser, or if I
use pdb to put a break point and then step through my code, I see the
error.   In the case of an ajax request, what happens to the error
from the server code and is there any way to see it?

This is all using ./manage.py runserver.  I'm not concerned with the
deployment environment at all.

Margie