I am trying to pass an array of integers from a view to javascript in
an ajax call.

I know how to return json dump from a View so that javascript can
access it as an object like this:

VIEW
response_dict = {"PythonList": MyList, "EditType": edittype}
return HttpResponse(simplejson.dumps(response_dict), mimetype='text/
javascript')

where MyList is a... python list created by:
MyList = []
            for p in packages:
                MyList.append(p.id)

in javascript, I can access the json by:
var obj = YAHOO.lang.JSON.parse(o.responseText);
var PIDS = obj.PackageIDS; //this brings back 3,2 for example, an
array of integers.

I cannot get at PIDS as an array in javascript. When I try to convert
to an array, the first item in the array is always all values (3,2)
instead of just the first one (3). The most simplistic attempt at this
was:

var jArray = [obj.PythonList]

Any suggestions?