I don't know of any cons regarding jQuery, unless the others who you work with
or communicate with all use something else.

Here's a fully-working example (from which you can easily create yours). It's
not exactly a tutorial, but it should be all you need.

http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins/Autocomplete

If you're looking for best-practices for integrating it with Django, then maybe
someone can chime in.

For speed it's obviously a good idea to have the data on the page if you can,
although that can lead to large pages. Add Django's gzip middleware to help
with that. I like using views that return JSON and just have the JavaScript
work with that, but I'm doing things a little less "visual" than auto-complete.

Shawn