I've looked at it a couple of months ago. There are some great ideas behind it.

Web2Py cons:
1. The first and biggest issue at the time was that there was no
sufficient/accessible documentation available for free. The book was
only available on scribd for free which is horrible. Now the book is
available as a wiki and I applaud that.
2. It avoids explicit imports. Technically this might not be a bad
thing, but if you've been developing in Python for some time feels
very awkward (it doesn't feel right).
3. Coding convention. Uses all uppercase names all over the place,
even where they don't refer to constants.
4. This is a very subjective reason. It's marketed as an enterprise framework.

Django pros:
1. I'm familiar with it. I Know my way around it's documentation and
codebase. I've actually used it to build real, working software.
2. GIS, django.contrib.gis makes all aspects of GIS related web
development so trivial. Nothing can match that.
3. Admin, nothing can match that.
4. As a  framework It has a beautiful design that is constantly
improving. Where just writing code in web2py doesn't give me that
feeling, things like avoiding explicit imports worry me.
5. The galaxy of reusable django apps. Even if most of them don't
always apply to my problem I can take an idea and apply it to my
problem.
6. The culture in the django community of releasing django-related
code under permissive licences (BSD). And the whole culture in
general.
7. Finding people to work with me on django projects is much easier
than for any other Python framework.