I started playing with this last night and got about as far as you mentioned
here. What I want to be able to do, though, is write a python script that
writes an authentic json flatpage that I can import into the database. I
have a large textfile full of names, items, and province information (for a
game) and I want to shove all this into the database.

I tried adding some provinces to the database, dumpdata, and then looked at
the json file to see if I could copy the syntax it was using. This hasn't
quiet worked yet, but I will keep trying.

Has anyone tried what I want to do?

-Tim