On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 4:05 PM, piz...@gmail.com <piz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you delete the .pyc files? Python generates a compiled version of the
> file, and if you don't delete it, it never get's updated. At least it's the
> problem I have. So  if you update views.py and don't delete the old view.pyc
> file, it will work as the old version.

You should not have to manually delete .pyc files when you update the
corresponding .py file -- Python should automatically notice the
modification date/time of the files do not match and re-generate the .pyc
file based on the new contents of the .py file.

It's only when you flat-out delete a .py file that you need to remember to
delete its .pyc file as well, because in that case Python can still see the
module as existing even though the .py file is gone.

Karen