I'm having trouble seeing PendingDeprecationWarning's on stderr when
using the dev server.

To make sure I'm not crazy, I wrote a simple Python program that looks
like this:

print "************** WARNING **********************"
import warnings
warnings.warn(
    "Testing the warnings module!",
    PendingDeprecationWarning
)

And here are some sample runs:

$ python warning.py
************** WARNING **********************
$ python -Wall warning.py
************** WARNING **********************
warning.py:5: PendingDeprecationWarning: Testing the warnings module!
  PendingDeprecationWarning

Now when I put that code in some view function in my Django app, I
always see the print statement output, but never the actual warning
message. I've tried starting the dev. server various ways, but none of
them seem to work:

$python -Wall manage.py runserver
$python -Wd manage.py runserver

I only seem to have this trouble with PendingDeprecationWarning.
UserWarning, for example, works as expected.

What am I doing wrong? I am using Python 2.5.2 and Django SVN r12623.
Thanks.