On Feb 10, 9:14 am, WC <l...@stump.com> wrote:
> According to this bug report, select_related is supposed to return the
> data, but it doesn't.  Also, if I can't get the foreign key, is there
> a way around this?  All I really need is the id of the foreignKey
> object.  Any help would be much appreciated.  I am a newbie to this
> architecture.

According to the Django documentation [1], select_related will not
work automatically with nullable=True ForeignKey fields.

You can, however, specify the field yourself ..

def getBlocks():
    return Block.objects.all().select_related('self')

[1] - http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/models/querysets/#id4