If I'm not wrong, you *should not* be storing the user's password on
your database. All you need to store is the API key, and it's useless
if stolen because most webservices generate the key to match your host/
domain.

The process to get an API key is, generally, 1-2-3, so you just pass
around requests and there's no need to store a password.