On Friday 05 March 2010 18:09:22 gintare wrote:
> b = Blog(  [name, tagline] , ['Beatles Blog', 'All the latest Beatles
> news]  )

How many items are you saving at once? Have you measured the time required to
execute these queries and the total time your view/management command takes?
Do you really need to optimize here and now to do custom SQL?

> I do not want to call save(column_name, item_value) for every item
> separately, i.e.:
> b = Blog(name='Beatles Blog', tagline='All the latest Beatles news.')

You can use create() manager method to achieve this in one step.

--
Saygılarımla,
Atamert Ölçgen

 -+-