Hi,
I've read about the custom authentication you can do so you can use
upstream validators for your views. And a snippet that helps do that
is here
http://www.djangosnippets.org/snippets/1723/

But will that work for the admin panels? It doesn't look like it to
me...I have a database of users behind a firewall so I can
authenticate just fine, but I need nearly all of the users (1000's) to
be able to add/edit/delete records.

I'd rather not write forms specifically for them since the admin is
exactly what I need to offer.

Is there a way to authenticate and pass it on to the admin views?
thanks,
--Tim