On Mar 10, 3:44 pm, John Griessen <j...@industromatic.com> wrote:
> I am serving up sites named after their domains with .com in the name
> but when I saw the os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'mysite.settings'
> specified in tutorials it seemed like putting a .com might be interpreted
> wrong.
>
> Can the WSGI file os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] =
> deal with a directory name like industromatic.com?
>
> Is this line OK?
>
> os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'industromatic.com.settings'
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

The DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE setting is a Python module, so it must be a
valid Python path. "industromatic.com" is already not a valid Python
name, so there's no point calling a folder within a Python project by
that name. The *containing* folder can be called that, but in that
case you'd need to be adding 'industromatic.com' to the Pythonpath and
just having DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE to 'settings'.
--
DR.