Hi silaja,
The best place to get a clear idea is to go to
http://www.djangoproject.comand look for its documentation under
multiple databases section.
The support for multiple databases is there only in django's latest version.
In settings.py file
the DATABASES dictionary now has multiple keys where each key points to a
particular database. For example,
DATABASES = {'sqlite_db': { 'ENGINE': 'sqlite3', 'NAME' :' sqlite',
'HOSTNAME': , 'PORT':, }} here the key sqlite_db would be the database to
which you would point to. Similarly you could also add other database with
their appropriate names, and other configuartions pointed by an appropriate
key.
At view level fro saving the data,
data = User.objects.using('sqlite_db').save() use the using() method to tell
django where you want to save the entry.
Similar rules apply for while retrieving data.

Hope this helps.
Do not forget to look into the API.
Happy coding!!

Avinash