> I've created a custom model, that I'd like to be shown on the "Auth" box
> instead of the default one (a box with my app's name).

Is there a particular reason you want it in Auth? Is it logically part of
one of the Auth models, like Group or User? If so you could do an inline
admin:

from django.contrib import admin

class MyAppAdminInline(admin.StackedInline):
    #code for your model's admin controls go here

class MyUserAdmin(admin.UserAdmin):
    inlines = [MyAppAdminInline]

admin.site.unregister(User)
admin.site.register(User, MyUserAdmin)

There may very well be some other way to go at this, but I've found 90% of
the time I wanted to add something to Auth, I really just wanted it to be an
inline for an auth model.

//j.c.sackett