On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 1:21 PM, huw_at1 <huwdjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Sorry if I gave the impression that I had not read around before
> posting here. Believe it or not I already have the top 5 hits on this
> search marked as read. Was it a particular page you were referring to
> since all the ones I have read are either out of date or mention
> workarounds?
>
> Cheers
>
> Huw

s/workaround/solution/

The first link describes a blob storage engine, for storing files in
blobs in the database:
http://www.djangosnippets.org/snippets/1305/

It also mentions it has been added as part of django-storages:
http://code.welldev.org/django-storages/wiki/DatabaseStorage

Storage engines are used for storing files, see:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.1/howto/custom-file-storage/

If you actually wanted to store blob data as part of a model, then the
third link has a solution:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/759288/how-do-you-put-a-file-in-a-fixture-in-django#764408

If you want to know why there isn't a blob field in django by default,
try this ticket:
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2417

Cheers

Tom