Thanks Bruno,

> First question : does it always happen on the sames pages, or do you
> have a same page sometimes OK and sometimes not ?
> Second question : does it happen with all browsers or only with a
> specific one ?

When it happens, it can be on any browser, I've seen it on 6 different
ones. And it is random pages too.

> For the record, I spent 10 minutes browsing the site, reloading pages,
> whatever, and couldn't see anything wrong here (using Chrome).

Thanks for that. I really appreciate it.

> IMHO the problem is somewhere in your markup and/or css. FWIW, mixing
> tables and css positionning might not be best thing to do

Yes, I am crap at html. I had very few tables a week ago. Only where
they were needed. But I was only viewing the site in Firefox on Mac.
As soon as I viewed it in IE or Safari, everything was all over the
place. I tried using the css to pull everything into line, but the
only thing that would force it into submission was tables. Shocking, I
know. FWIW, this is the last time I'll do the html and css on a
project :-)

Without rebuilding all of my pages, I'll never know if my crap html is
the issue, which is a mountain of a job at this stage. Can you suggest
any other courses of action before I give in to the html demons and
start again?

Tim