Thanks Preston.

I'm not using django's messaging... at all.  My problem is that for
every ajax request, the query-

{'time': '0.000', 'sql': u'SELECT `auth_message`.`id`,
`auth_message`.`user_id`, `auth_message`.`message` FROM `auth_message`
WHERE `auth_message`.`user_id` = 1 '}

is being run.  I can't figure out how I can stop this unnecessary
database activity.