On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 5:41 AM, berryp <berryphill...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, this is exactly the problem. My code above takes care of
> everything in one instance. It's starting to sound like this will be
> the best solution. Building a custom sites framework may be overkill
> for the sake of altering a few settings variables at run time. Hard to
> know if my solution will run into any problems without testing in a
> high load environment.

Few days ago I want the same: run multiple sites with one instance.

But in my case is for handling multiple subdomains. After looking at SITE_ID
implementation, I think changing it at runtime will break the CurrentSiteManager
with relies on SITE_ID. Also the issue of having multiple threads modifying
the settings.SITE_ID per request.

I didn't go further. Regards,

Rolando