Hmm, on second thoughts...

I tested from the shell in a few user environements and it worked.

However, when applying this to Django, all users show the user name of
the user running the server.

Hindsight makes this logical, as the other users only use their
browser, not their own local python.

So I think now the question seems to be "how to extract the OS user
name from the browser environment?"

Regards,
Bob