On Apr 3, 2:39 am, Alessandro Ronchi <alessandro.ron...@soasi.com>
wrote:
> I've made a profile model and attached it to django-profile app that
> works correctly  (it shows /profiles/create/ with the form).
>
> I need to put together that profile model with django-registration, so
> when a user goes to
>
> /account/register/
>
> must fill both user default values and my custom profile values.

When django-registration first creates the unactivated user object, a
corresponding profile object does not yet exist. So typically you only
start asking for profile fields *after* a person has successfully
registered with the site. If you do want to auto-create a profile for
every User instance that is created, there are ways to do that, e.g.:

http://www.mail-archive.com/django-users@googlegroups.com/msg41147.html

If you do this with signals, you can have your signal function save
some of the fields to User model and others to the Profile method.

So basically, django-registration and django-profiles aren't going to
do the heavy lifting on this for you and you'll have to concoct
something. It would be far easier to just wait until users have
activated their accounts before asking them for profile information.

Scot