I'm trying to setup a Django based blog for myself and I'd like to do
wordpress like nested catagories.

The model itself is fine and there are some good posts about how to do
such things around (i.e.
http://swixel.net/2009/01/01/django-nested-categories-blogging-like-wordpress-again/)

The thing I'm having trouble wrapping my head around is how would I
setup URL Patterns for nested catagories when it may have any number
of extra layers?

Say I had a set of nested catagories like

Parent
  - Child Level 1
      - Child Level 2

which I would expect to have a url like:

<base>/parent/child-level-1/child-level-2/

Is it possible to even pick up a variable number of URL attributes
like that?

I suppose I could do something like r'^(?P<path>.*)$' and then parse
path in the view but this could wreak havoc with other URLs.

Anyone have any ideas?