hi everyone,

just spent a few hours trying to find out what's going wrong with
i18n... i've just updated a two-year old project (using django-
multilingual-ng) to trunk only to find that

a) switching languages using /i18n/setlang/ doesn't have any effect
anymore
b) putting an extra translation.activate django.core.views.i18n
set_language fixes the problem on my local install but ...
c) language setting doesn't seem to be thread safe on an apache-wsgi
install (my browser has english as default, the customer's is german -
when we both use  contrib.admin the interface constantly changes
between german and english, depending on who did the most recent
request)

after hours of trying to troubleshoot, i've set up a minimal django
install (using trunk), no extra apps (except contrib.admin), all
default settings, mysql-database, only one view serving the minimal
form to change the language (taken from [1]).

i've used this approach before and it seems to me it broke sometime
during 1.2 development. i'll do some more testing today trying to find
the revision that broke it.

if anyone can point me to a patch (couldn't find a ticket in django'd
trac) or a solution or some oversight on my part, i'd be really glad.

[1]
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/i18n/internationalization/#topics-i18n-internationalization