It's definitely a system path / python path problem.  I did the brute
force method of linking psycopg to the django project directories,
twice, just to be sure:

   cd /Website/Django/times
   ln -s /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/
lib/python2.6/site-packages/psycopg2 psycopg2
   ln -s /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/
lib/python2.6/site-packages/psycopg2 times/psycopg2

now things work again.

On Apr 14, 3:31 pm, Steven Elliott Jr <steven.elliot...@me.com> wrote:
> Just curious -- my python version is 2.6.1 and I never upgraded it yours says
> 2.6.4 -- was it always that version or is that something new?

When I first got it working a few months ago I somehow managed to get
apache2/mod_python to use the python that I installed with macports,
which is the 2.6.4 version in the /opt/local directory.

> Anyway I'll let you know what I find out after upgrading -- I am using one
> server for the app and one for the postgres db so I'll update both and see
> which one shats the sheets.

Thanks, please let me know.