@codecub

If you are interested in just building an HTML website why not just
write it in HTML? Why do you think you need to use Python? What are
the requirements of the website? Do you need a database and
middleware? If so I would recommend following the django tutorial
first:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/tutorial01/

then read the django book

http://www.djangobook.com/

Of course it would be very helpful if you also know how to program in
Python and know about relational databases and webserver, and
yaddayadda but I'm sure you do since you know that you want to use
Django for your site.