Hi All, this is my first post so be gentle...

I am getting the error, "Error: cannot import name comments" during
syncdb and validate.  There's no traceback, just the above error
message, in red!  I've the comments system in my apps for a while now,
so that's not something new that would have caused the problem to
suddenly start occurring.

I'm suspecting differing behaviour between versions of Django, as I am
running 1.1.1 on my laptop and the problem does not occur there; I am
also running 1.1.1 on the hosting site (djangohosting.ch) for the
production version, however the tools and development server are "1.2
beta 1 SVN-13002", so I'm actually suspecting a bug or a change of
behaviour between 1.1.1 and 1.2 beta 1.

Does anyone know of any changes between those two versions that would
cause this effect?

I'll supply (a large chunk of) my settings.py at the bottom of this
email. (I've just started trying to integrate Paypal, but that code is
commented out and the problem arose before I started doing that, so
I'd say that's a red herring.)

Thanks in advance,

Peter

settings.py:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
# Django settings for ductedit project.

import os.path

BASE_PATH = os.path.dirname(__file__)

DEBUG = True
TEMPLATE_DEBUG = DEBUG

SERVER_EMAIL = 'pe...@xxxxxxx.com'

ADMINS = (
    (u'Peter Cassidy', 'pe...@xxxxxxx.com'),
)

MANAGERS = ADMINS

SEND_BROKEN_LINK_EMAILS = True

DATABASE_ENGINE = 'mysql'           # 'postgresql_psycopg2',
'postgresql', 'mysql', 'sqlite3' or 'oracle'.
DATABASE_NAME = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx'             # Or path to database file
if using sqlite3.
DATABASE_USER = 'xxxxxx'             # Not used with sqlite3.
DATABASE_PASSWORD = 'xxxxxxxx'         # Not used with sqlite3.
DATABASE_HOST = ''             # Set to empty string for localhost.
Not used with sqlite3.
DATABASE_PORT = ''             # Set to empty string for default. Not
used with sqlite3.

# Local time zone for this installation. Choices can be found here:
# http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_zones_by_name
# although not all choices may be avilable on all operating systems.
# If running in a Windows environment this must be set to the same as
your
# system time zone.
TIME_ZONE = 'Australia/Adelaide'

# Language code for this installation. All choices can be found here:
# http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/language-identifiers.html
LANGUAGE_CODE = 'en-au'

SITE_ID = 1

# If you set this to False, Django will make some optimizations so as
not
# to load the internationalization machinery.
USE_I18N = True

# Absolute path to the directory that holds media.
# Example: "/home/media/media.lawrence.com/"
MEDIA_ROOT = BASE_PATH+'/media'

# URL that handles the media served from MEDIA_ROOT. Make sure to use
# trailing slash if there is a path component (optional in other
cases).
# Examples: "http://media.lawrence.com";, "http://example.com/media/";
MEDIA_URL = '/media/'

# URL prefix for admin media -- CSS, JavaScript and images. Make sure
to use a
# trailing slash.
# Examples: "http://foo.com/media/";, "/media/".
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/media/admin/'

# Make this unique, and don't share it with anybody.
SECRET_KEY = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

# List of callables that know how to import templates from various
sources.
TEMPLATE_LOADERS = (
    'django.template.loaders.filesystem.load_template_source',
    'django.template.loaders.app_directories.load_template_source',
#     'django.template.loaders.eggs.load_template_source',
)

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
    'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.doc.XViewMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.flatpages.middleware.FlatpageFallbackMiddleware',
)

ROOT_URLCONF = 'ductedit.urls'

TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
    # Put strings here, like "/home/html/django_templates" or "C:/www/
django/templates".
    # Always use forward slashes, even on Windows.
    # Don't forget to use absolute paths, not relative paths.
    BASE_PATH+'/templates/',
)

INSTALLED_APPS = (
    'django.contrib.auth',
    'django.contrib.contenttypes',
    'django.contrib.sessions',
    'django.contrib.sites',
    'django.contrib.admin',
    'django.contrib.admindocs',
    'django.contrib.comments',
#    'django.contrib.syndication',
    'django.contrib.flatpages',
    'django.contrib.markup',
    'ductedit.accounts',
    'ductedit.catalogs',
    'ductedit.licences',
    'ductedit.news',
    'ductedit.tagging',
    'ductedit.markdown',
#    'paypal.standard.ipn',
#    'paypal.standard.pdt',
)

PAYPAL_RECEIVER_EMAIL = "pay...@xxxxxxxxx.com"

PAYPAL_IDENTITY_TOKEN = "xxx" # PDT only

# Override the server-derived value of SCRIPT_NAME
# See
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/BackwardsIncompatibleChanges#lighttpdfastcgiandothers
FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME = ''

try: