On 30.09.2021 09:43, Chaitanya Kulkarni wrote:
Javier,

Hi all,

Since we are not going to be able to talk about this at LSF/MM, a few of
us thought about holding a dedicated virtual discussion about Copy
Offload. I believe we can use Chaitanya's thread as a start. Given the
current state of the current patches, I would propose that we focus on
the next step to get the minimal patchset that can go upstream so that
we can build from there.

I agree with having a call as it has been two years I'm trying to have
this discussion.

Before we setup a call, please summarize following here :-

1. Exactly what work has been done so far.
2. What kind of feedback you got.
3. What are the exact blockers/objections.
4. Potential ways of moving forward.

Although this all information is present in the mailing archives it is
scattered all over the places, looking at the long CC list above we need
to get the everyone on the same page in order to have a productive call.

Once we have above discussion we can setup a precise agenda and assign
slots.

Sounds reasonable. Let me collect all this information and post it here.
I will maintain a list of people that has showed interest on joining.
For now:

  - Martin
  - Johannes
  - Fred