Okay, so the tool simply reports "Threat/Unknown" if the XML report from google
shows both an SPF and a DKIM fail, these are all clearly phishers, shady IPs
out of China and Eastern Europe (we're an American company.)  It reports
"Forwarder" if under the <reason> tag in google's XML report there is a tag

So it's actually Google's receiving server that is deciding these are
forwarders.  This is actually a problem as in spite of the fact that our DMARC
policy is 100% reject, for some reason Google is marking them as "quarantine"
and even worse Yahoo is marking them as simply "disposition neutral".  The
problem is getting worse as when I woke up to this morning's DMARC reports from
google about 87% of all traffic it saw was "Forwarded" from these shady
domains, over 200 messages came through like this over the ~30 messages our
small business sent out during that day.  Previously we'd get about 40% of our
traffic being illegitimate with 1-2 messages from "forwarders" that were
actually forwarders (like comcast business).  Going from "quarantine" to
"reject" has caused a MASSIVE spike in the number of these messages.  And as I
said before, many of these IPs were the exact same ones that were being flagged
as just straight SPF and DKIM fails.