Howdy list,

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the "*groan* we know" gods...

Since hardly anyone sends forensic reports, is there any secret sauce I'm
missing that helps you track down issues? If DMARC reports mentioned the sender
username at least, then I would know which user to speak to about fixing their
outbound setup. But as it stands I have tons of errors (some partial, some
complete) and some may be from such a user, others from bad forwarding, others
from a misconfigured service/script somewhere, and some just plain spoofed
spam, and little way to tell which is which.

I'm reasonably certain at this point the answer is "too bad, that's just how it
is", since ruf was meant to handle exactly that, but thought I'd ask just in
case I overlooked something.

Unfortunately given the current setup and how many forwarders break DKIM, it's
looking like we'll never be able to use a reject policy, which is rather a
shame since that is the major factor that would help fight spam (in general, I
realize it would have little to no effect on the spam we receive) and help
protect my clients' domain reputations the most.

Thanks.