Of course, it is my decision to authorize an ESP to send domain
authenticated email on my domain's behalf. But I don't think it is
currently very transparent for what I am signing up to? It is a carte
blanche. All or nothing, for this particular (sub-) domain.

I feel that it is still my job to follow up if they are doing a good job
with (i.e.):
- verifying each individual From address.
- requiring multi-factor auth.
- providing domain admin notifications (for me to learn which of my
users is responsible for a particular campaign).
- alerting users if a domain that they are attempting to send from is
DMARC protected while authentication mechanisms are not yet in place.

Did anyone create a list of security features supported by various ESPs?
Some seem to be focusing on a simple signup-process with very little
verification. With those, it literally takes a single mouse click from
any of my users to send from any local-part of my domain - forever. I am
feeling a bit uneasy including their DKIM key & SPF record just to "get
this DMARC green". I'd rather not.

Any pointers?

Simon