On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 1:48 PM A. Schulze via dmarc-discuss <
dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org> wrote:

> Am 20.12.2017 um 18:44 schrieb Roland Turner via dmarc-discuss:
> > What HELO/EHLO hostname is being presented?
>
> I'm out of office for the next days and have no access to that data.
> From what I remember it's the hostname of the sending system, a rDNS
> related to Microsoft.
>
> Why do you think, the EHLO is important?

For bounces (ie, empty MAIL FROM), the EHLO argument is used for the SPF
lookup, so it is technically possible for there to be a valid SPF record.

That said, I wouldn't bet on it.  I know there's still an open bug to
create the DNS SPF records for our EHLO hostnames at Google, it was just
never a high priority.  Plus, it wouldn't really help the DMARC case
because our DSN's come from @googlemail.com for some reason I was never
clear on but our EHLO hostnames are google.com.

Brandon