On Wed, 2018-05-30 at 11:22 -0400, Jerry Warner wrote:
> I do not have a SPF record for mail.server.com in addition to
> server.com   I thought it rolled back to server.com based on what I
> read.

As previously noted, nope.

>   What's the point in listing mail.server.com in the server.com
> SPF if it's not looking there?

In case mail.server.com sent email using the domain server.com in the
envelope header. In that case, an SPF test would look up the record for
server.com to see if mail.server.com was authorised to send emails for that
 domain (server.com).

> So I need two SPF records, one for
> server.com and one for mail.server.com

Correct. You can use something like "v=spf1 +a -all" for mail.server.com

>    Both can use use the same
> DKIM as long as they're both aliases to the same domain on the mail
> server?  I've looked, and I can't set up a second DKIM since
> mail.server.com and server.com are the same in the mail server
> program (imailserver).

Correct. As long as the DKIM signing domain is the same you'll be fine.

Ken.