On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Scott Kitterman <skl...@kitterman.com>
wrote:

> There is a discussion about defining new codes for email authentication
> failures in progress on apps-discuss which may interest people interested
> in
> this particular topic.
>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-email-auth-codes/
>
> (comments there not here and I suggest a review of the ML archives prior to
> posting comments)

For a little extra background: The impetus for that work came from the idea
that it might be useful to distinguish between DMARC failures and other
failures in a way that's useful to agents that will receive them.  DMARC
could, and probably should, define one or more of its own using that
document's model.

We decided not to tie that document to the progress of DMARC, which is why
there's not a DMARC code in that one.

-MSK