John Levine writes:

 > >Can't both the version bump issue and the token signature issue be
 > >ameliorated by incorporating the token signature in the DKIM-Delegate
 > >field?
 >
 > Yes, you could do the equivalent of the version bump by changing the
 > name of the header, but I don't see the point.

There are two points.  First, all the new semantics ends up supported
by the new header; it gets completely ignored by existing MUAs, which
means that there's no reason at all for a version bump.

Second, a version bump means screwing with your existing, presumably
working DKIM code because you need to produce a backward compatible v1
signature where possible, and a new v2 signature for the token
signature and any other new semantics that gets piggy-backed on it.