Dear Hector and Murray,

Those in a good position to deal with an abuse problem don't want resulting
disruptions seen as being within their bailiwick.  Instead expect documentation
explaining why it is not affordable for DMARC domains to directly deal with
their policy induced disruptions of legitimate email, such as discussion forums
and other third-party services employed by their users.  Without taking
ownership, results of this WG efforts seem at best modest changes in the nature
of abuse while disrupting many valuable and legitimate email services.  There
is a genuine scaling concern when suggested solutions expect millions of users
to "vote with their feet".  Without taking greater ownership as permitted by
schemes like TPA-Label, or allowing valid and compatible exceptions such as a
permitted and conditional group syntax policy exclusion, is there another
reasonable strategy to be moved forward?

I'll be the first to say expanding on SPF authorized address list won't work,
but related limitations can be avoided with a cacheable domain hash list.  This
approach would be more proactive at curtailing abuse and we would like to help
large ISPs prove the feasibility of this strategy.  Then again, perhaps a
rewriting scheme would be able to safely deal with From domain conflicts
without use of a broken alias scheme such as  *.invalid.  In that light, a
group syntax scheme seems much less problematic.  How does the base document
currently deal with this valid form of email?

Regards,
Douglas Otis