In article <CABa8R6ujfHtRMC-Z11XiOto6WTfciXsFEKCGftOgHp=i0a_...@mail.gmail.com>
you write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>Looks like we require v to exist and be either 1 or DKIM1, otherwise you'll
>get a "bad format" or "bad version" in the AuthRes header.  Wonder how old
>the DKIM1 is and whether we should remove that now...

The DNS key record has to say v=DKIM1 while the signature says v=1

In answer to someone else's question, libdkim is inded the Alt-N
library which as far as I can tell hasn't been touched since 2008.
It still seems to work OK, and it checks the v= in the signature
to be "1" or some old 0.x test versions.

R's,
John