On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:

> [... assume ARC-Seal: i=0 still verifies ...]

> >> Doesn't the i=1 ARC set also prove the originator was involved?
>
> No, it doesn't.

Could you say why not?  It seems to me the i=1 ARC set is validating the
message authentication provided by the originator.  That seems to qualify
to me as "involved" on the part of the originator.

> > Yes, AS[1] testifies to the Authenticated-Results of receiving the
> message
> > from the originator.
>
> That only proves the first receiver was involved.  A final receiver may
> trust
> its results or not.

What is the first receiver reporting if not the authentication claims made
by the originator?

Confused,
-MSK