In article <8f87f9de-c87e-406e-ba49-6aea5dc17...@kitterman.com>,
>Nothing other than potentially ARC requires multiple AR header fields for
>different authentication types to be combined.  These different
>verification operations (e.g. SPF, DKIM, and DMARC) are generally performed be
>different processes that add their own AR field.

Since DMARC needs the results of SPF and DKIM, how does that work?
Does DMARC look at the A-R that the other two created or is there a
side channel?  It occurs to me that a DMARC process has everything
needed to make a header that combines all three.

>It probably makes sense to stick the sender with the complexity of dealing
>with multiple AR fields and combining then, but let's not pretend there's an
>overall simplification here.

In ARC, definitely.  My setup already does a combined header, since I
wrote one plugin that calls all three libraries.  On my setup
(mailfront) it was a lot easier than doing it separately.

R's,
John