On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melni...@isode.com
> wrote:

> I've started implementing ARC and have a few minor comments on the draft:
>
> 5.1.2.2.  Computing the 'b' Tag Value for ARC-Message-Signature
>
>    As with ARC-Seal and DKIM-Signature header fields, the order of
>    header fields signed MUST be done in bottom-up order.
>
> Upon rereading this I am not sure this is very clear. Maybe give an
> example, especially if multiple instances of a particular header field are
> included.

See section 5.1.1.3 of the document which specifies the way to build the
header list for hashing.

ARC-Authentication-Results needs ABNF (I know the document says in prose
> that the syntax is effectively "i=<number>; ...", but also specifying this
> with ABNF would be much better, especially in order to avoid people
> inserting CFWS in places they shouldn't.)

See the -06 version which I posted today with some extra notes regarding
open questions related to AAR. Once we settle those questions, I'll also
add details (and ABNF) for the AAR and handling multiple A-R headers
(another open question on the list). For now, if your environment creates
multiple A-R headers with the same authserv-id, they need to have the (not
"none") resinfo sections concatenated to create the AAR. I've taken a note
to update this in the next draft after we resolve the open questions
regarding content in Thursday's session.

Examples need updating.

Thanks - I'm sure that there's a lot more problems in the examples than
just the ones you listed :-/ I suspect that we should just entirely remove
the examples right now. If you want a real life example, you can find it
(for the next week or so) at https://pastebin.com/HyMriMKe or other
citations on the #ietf99 channel in the slack group.

--Kurt