On Thu, 22 Mar 2018, Kurt Andersen (b) wrote:
That would probably be me, but I don't know what the local-part
problem is.  My intention was to import the local-part changes from
the EAI RFC.

The problem has to do with the ambiguity that is being imported along with
those local-part ABNF changes.

It's importing the changes directly from the EAI spec:

   "local-part" is defined in Section 3.4.1 of [MAIL], as modified by
   [RFC6531].

Unless there is some lurking bug in RFC 6531 I don't understand what the problem is unless it should be this:

   "local-part" is defined in Section 3.4.1 of [MAIL].  In an
   EAI-formatted message, the definition is modified as in
   [RFC6531].

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY