On 4/3/2019 11:45 AM, John R Levine wrote:
On Wed, 3 Apr 2019, Dave Crocker wrote:
In my experience, these days getting a new rrtype that doesn't have extra semantics into DNS servers happens pretty quickly.

Now, about /end to end/ support, not just publishing...

Please provide some examples comparable to your proposed use case. That is, what are new RRs that are getting well-scaled, on-going use, defined in say the last 5 years?

  My dbound draft has no new DNS semantics, just ordinary wildcards and an ordinary rrtype.

I noted that.

To put anything into the additional section, you're asking the DNS servers to treat a _perim name specially if there are TXT records under

I noted that.

d/

--
Dave Crocker